Welcome to the Raising Achievement for all Learners project area!
Raising Achievement for all learners is an imperative and a priority at European level. The project Raising Achievement for all Learners – Quality in Inclusive Settings (RA4AL), running between December 2011 and November 2012, set out to identify the key issues that need to be explored and strategies that appear to be successful in raising achievement for all learners in inclusive settings.
This project was supported with a grant from the Lifelong Learning Programme of the European Union (agreement number 517771-LLP-1-2011-1-DK-COMENIUS-CAM). The project has drawn upon the following sources of information:
- the outcomes of the RA4AL conference in June 2012, planned in collaboration with the Danish Ministry of Education and the Odense municipal authorities.
- findings from a range of Agency thematic projects involving all member countries.
- recent research, including work published by UNESCO, UNICEF and OECD.
Participants and target group
The Agency member countries involved in the RA4AL project are: Austria, Belgium (Fr.), Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovenia, Sweden, Switzerland, UK (Northern Ireland), UK (Scotland), UK (Wales).Austria, Belgium (Fr.), Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovenia, Sweden, Switzerland, UK (Northern Ireland), UK (Scotland), UK (Wales).
The main target group for project information is national policy-makers who are in a position to ensure that inclusion becomes an integral part of all education policy-making, supported by effective collaboration between education and other government departments.
Project activities and outputs
- A major conference was organised in collaboration with the Danish Ministry of Education and the Odense Municipal authorities. It was held in Odense, Denmark on 13–15 June 2012 and was recognised as an official event under the Danish Presidency of the European Union. The conference was attended by researchers and policy makers for both mainstream and inclusive education from 27 countries. Further information about the conference, including inputs, seminars and a full report of the event is available.
- The RA4AL position paper, drafted to provide background information for conference participants, includes a project rationale and draws on relevant Agency work and recent research to highlight key issues for the project.
- The project synthesis report draws together work from all project activities – a review of past Agency projects, recent research and the outcomes of the RA4AL conference.
- The key project messages have been summarised in a separate paper and are available in 22 languages.
The outcomes of this one-year project are the basis for the follow-up Agency project Raising the Achievement of All Learners in Inclusive Education.