The RA4AL project identified 6 themes critical to maintaining high expectations and raising achievement:
- collaborative policy and practice;
- support for school and system leaders;
- inclusive accountability;
- personalisation through listening to learners;
- professional development for inclusive education and
- pedagogical approaches for all.
When these elements are combined, more relevant experiences can be provided to engage young people and develop the skills they need for work and for life.
The RA4AL project has formed the basis of a longer-term project Raising the Achievement of all Learners in Inclusive Education 2013–2016.