The ICT for Inclusion project analysis identified the following critical issues for ICT in education policies:
- bridging the digital divide in order to ensure all learners benefit from ICT as a tool for their learning;
- ICT4I must be seen as a cross-sectoral issue and be considered and visible in all relevant policy fields;
- the availability and take-up of comprehensive and integrated pathways of teacher training in ICT4I is a vital ‘pre-condition’ for any ICT4I initiative;
- the perceived gap between ICT4I-related research findings and evidence and classroom practice;
- the challenge of making meaningful data – both qualitative and quantitative – available for monitoring and informing policy and practice in ICT4I.
These issues are fully discussed in the ICT4I project summary report.