A Methodology Report has been prepared to put the European Agency Statistics on Inclusive Education (EASIE) work into a clear context. It presents the relevant information about what has been done, how and why within the EASIE activities. It describes the methodology applied to the data collection exercise conducted in 2018 (covering the 2016/2017 school year).
This is the second version of the EASIE Methodology Report. The first version describes the 2014 and 2016 data collection exercises (covering the 2012/2013 and 2014/2015 school years, respectively).
The report presents:
- The conceptual basis for Agency data collection work
- A timeline of data collection activities since 1999
- The basis and working procedures for the current EASIE work
- A description of the methods used for quantitative data collection (country data)
- A description of the framework for data analysis and interpretation
- A description of the methods used for qualitative data collection (background information).