The theme for the TE4I country visit held on 28–30 April 2010 was exploring the Northern Ireland Teacher Competences to develop inclusive practitioners and considering the wider potential implications for the mainstream education system that need to be considered for teachers to use/implement these competences in the best way.
- Northern Ireland – context
- General Teaching Council for Northern Ireland
- Developing inclusion competences in Bachelor of education programmes
- Developing inclusion competences in Post Graduate certificate of education programmes
- Developing inclusion competences in Specialist education programmes
- Competences and the facilitation of Inclusion
In addition there were presentations of examples of practice relating to:
- Teacher Induction
- The Teacher e-portfolio project
- Using a Webfolio
- An experience of inclusion in practice
A summary of agreed key points from the 3 days of discussions is also available for downloading.