FPIES Evaluator Partner: Universitat Ramon Llull Fundació Privada, Barcelona
The Faculty of Psychology, Education and Sport Sciences at Blanquerna-Universitat Ramon Llull offers studies in Pre-Primary Education, Primary Education, Psychology, Speech Therapy and Sport Sciences. The curricula are based on a theoretical and practical learning system, with workshops and placements in schools, hospitals, sports facilities and a wide range of centres, following the axes of the Bologna Declaration.
- Climent Giné Giné, PhD: Climent is a Professor Emeritus and a member of the evaluation team.
- Montserrat Castelló Badia, PhD: Montserrat is a Senior Professor of Psychology and a member of the evaluation team.
- Cristina Mumbardó Adam: Cristina is a research assistant and a member of the evaluation team.
The project evaluation
The role of Blanquerna-Universitat Ramon Llull in the FPIES project was to conduct an on-going, formative evaluation that informed decision-making and implementation of specific tasks and activities.
The evaluation activities of the FPIES project ran in parallel to all other project activities and have clearly drawn upon and fed into all other activities. The evaluation activities focused on a structured examination of the process of implementing the various project activities leading to the agreed project deliverables and outputs.
The formative evaluation considered processes and outcomes and addressed two key questions:
- Are the methods and procedures implemented in the project coherent, innovative and relevant to the stated project goals?
- Are the project outcomes and deliverables meaningful for policy-makers and likely to have an impact at national and European levels?
The staff from Blanquerna-Universitat Ramon Llull worked independently from, but in close collaboration with, all other Project Partners. An Evaluation Partner representative attended the Project Advisory Group meetings and three of the Country Study Visits.
The Evaluation Partner has produced two interim reports. The final evaluation report will be available online at the end of the project.