Educational policy-makers prepared this document to provide other policy-makers across Europe with a synthesis of the main policy findings that emerged from Agency thematic work supporting the inclusion of learners with different types of special educational needs within mainstream provision.
The first report in the Key Principles series was published in 2003 (Key Principles in Special Needs Education – Recommendations for Policy-Makers). It was based on previous Agency work published up to 2003.
This second publication in the Key Principles series draws upon Agency work from 2003 to 2009. It covers the following Agency publications:
- Special Education across Europe (2003)
- Special Needs Education in Europe: Thematic Publication (Volume 1, 2003 and Volume 2, 2006)
- Inclusive Education and Classroom Practice in Secondary Education (2005)
- Young Views on Special Needs Education (2005)
- Early Childhood Intervention (2005)
- Individual Transition Plans (2006)
- Assessment in Inclusive Settings (2007 and 2009)
- Young Voices: Meeting Diversity in Education (2008)
- Development of a set of indicators – for inclusive education in Europe (2009)
- Multicultural Diversity and Special Needs Education (2009).
The Recommendations Matrix accompanying this report will help policy-makers to cross-reference the key principles and specific recommendations presented in the report with the various Agency project findings used to draft the document.
Download the report below in one of 21 Agency languages.